- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Khao Yai Temple
Khao Yai Temple Review
On the north side of town is Khao Yai Temple, which attracts hordes of weekend visitors from Bangkok. The temple is a real hodge-podge of shrines and stupas that line a 400-step walkway up a steep hillside. It's an arduous climb to the main temple building, but the view of the northern half of the island, the mainland, and the rows of barges and ships is worth the effort. Koh Si Chang has no natural water sources, and you can see from above that nearly every roof on the island has a big jar for collcting water.
- Address: North of town, Koh Si Chang, 20120
- Location: Koh Si Chang
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are in Krabi now at Rayavadee and are spending our final night in Thailand in Patong, Phuket. Read more