- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Car and Taxi Travel
Taxis do not normally meet incoming flights at the airport in Koh Samui, but they can easily be called. If you're likely to be needing a taxi throughout your stay on Samui, ask your driver for his card, and you can negotiate lower, multiday rates.
Budget and Hertz have counters at the Koh Samui airport, and National has its counter in Samui town. Thai Rent a Car has a counter near the airport, and they'll deliver your car to you when you land. TA Car Rental is a reputable local company based on Samui.
TA Car Rental (59/8 Moo 5, Choengmon Beach, Koh Samui, 84320. 077/245129. www.samuitacarrent.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 5-Star Aleenta Pranburi in Hua Hin Fr $225+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Hua Hin: Book Fr $98+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $115/night less
- Small budget: Book The Rock Hua Hin 3 Nts in May Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Save with Expedia, $115/night less
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $196+/Nt — $196 Hotels.com
- Book in Hua Hin: Save this May Fr $45+/Nt — $45 Save with Expedia, $51/night less