- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Although many people come to Samui to chill out on the beach, there are dozens of activities, certainly more than one vacation's worth.
You can go up into the mountains and explore the jungle and some of the waterfalls by car.
Elephant treks are available through Samui Namuang Travel & Tour. Koh Samui. 077/418680. firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're more adventurous, you can get a different view of the jungle by sailing through the air on a zip line. Canopy Adventures will have you zipping between six tree houses on 330 yards of wire strung across the tree canopies. They also offer fun expeditions to waterfalls. Koh Samui. 077/414150.
Finally someone has figured out how to fit an actual golf course on the island: Santiburi Resort has a driving range and an 18-hole course at the Santiburi Samui Country Club, which uses the natural terrain of the Samui mountains to create a challenging multilevel golfing experience. You can play nine holes for half the price. Koh Samui. 077/421700 up to 08 in Samui; 02/664-4270 up to 74 in Bangkok.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 5-Star Putahracsa Hua Hin Fr $148+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $49/night less
- Book in Hua Hin Fr $120+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $20/night less
- Book in Krabi Town: Save this May Fr $47+/Nt — $47 Save with Expedia, $40/night less
- Explore Hua Hin For Less! Book Fr $100+/Nt — $100 Save with Hotels.com, $117/night less
- Asara Villa & Suite in May: $202 & Up — $202 Save with Expedia, $23/night less