- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best way to get here is by ferry from Koh Samui, or from Surat Thani via Samui. Boats depart hourly from Surat Thani's Donsak Pier to Na Thon Pier on Koh Samui; the price includes the hour bus ride from Surat Thani's airport to the pier. After the 2½-hour voyage to Samui, passengers must disembark and catch a second boat to Koh Phangan's Thong Sala Pier, a 30-minute journey. Seatran boats depart from Samui for Phangan daily at 8 am and 1:30 pm. Return travel from Phangan to Samui is at 10:30 am and 4:30 pm.
If you take a Songserm ferry instead, you won't have to switch boats on Samui; however, Songserm makes the Surat Thani-Samui-Phangan run only once a day, leaving Surat Thani at 8 am and returning from Phangan at 12:30 pm.
There are a number of ways to travel between Phangan and either Samui or Koh Tao—Lomphrayah and Seatran boats are the best options. Boats to and from Koh Tao take 2 to 2½ hours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $92+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $39/night less
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $122+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less
- Starting Fr $537: Great Hua Hin Price — $537 Save with Hotels.com, $92/night less
- Book in Hua Hin Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Save with Hotels.com, $34/night less
- Starting Fr $111: Great Hua Hin Price — $111 Hotels.com