With fighters allowed to inflict damage with anything but the head, muay thai (Thai boxing) is reputed to be the most brutal of all martial arts. But it's also a fine spectacle of ritual, in which boxers initially perform a wai kru (a bow to their trainer) followed by a ram muay (literally, "boxing dance") to warm up, seal the ring from evil spirits, and honor their families and gods.Updated: 03-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's