Thailand with Kids
Thais dote on kids, so chances are you'll get extra help and attention when traveling with them, and the experience should be relatively problem-free. Powdered, canned, and pasteurized milk are readily available. Stomach bugs and infections thrive in the tropical climate. Basic cleanliness—washing hands frequently and making sure any cuts are treated with antibacterial ointment and covered—is the best protection against bacteria. Don't let children play with or touch street animals; they may have rabies. Be careful while walking along sidewalks, where open manhole covers and people riding motorbikes can be hazardous.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe