- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
The Gallery Review
Awards have been heaped on this attractive riverside restaurant, both for its architecture (a combination of Chinese and Lanna styles) and its cuisine, which embraces dishes from Asia, Europe, and the United States. Guests enter through a gallery (a small exhibition of local antiques and handicrafts), cross a secluded courtyard with an open-air barbecue, and proceed into a teak-floored dining area with eggplant-color linens. A northern Thai string ensemble plays most evenings, and a subtly integrated bar-café offers some of Chiang Mai's best jazz and blues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more