- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Just Khao Soy
Just Khao Soy Review
Northern Thailand's favorite dish, khao soy, has been turned into a work of art at Shane Beary's stylish, brick-floored restaurant one block from the river. The bowl of meat soup topped with crispy fried noodles is served on an artist's palette, with the various condiments taking the place of the paint. Diners are issued aprons—eating khao soy can be messier than tackling lobster.
- Address: 108/2 Charoen Prathet Rd., Chiang Mai, 50100
- Phone: 053/818641
- Location: Chiang Mai
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more