- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Chiang Mai Zoo
Chiang Mai Zoo Review
On the lower slopes of Doi Suthep, this zoo's cages and enclosures are spaced out along paths that wind leisurely through shady woodlands. If the walk seems too strenuous, you can hop on an electric trolley or a monorail car that stop at all the sights. The monorail system runs through a "twilight" zone of the zoo, where you're assured of seeing the animals emerge for their evening prowls to their watering holes. The most popular animals are two giant pandas, Lin Hui and Chuang Chuang and their female offspring, Lin Bing—the only ones in captivity in Southeast Asia. Koala bears from Australia are also a big attraction—kids are invited to cuddle them.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more