Chiang Mai and Environs Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Chiang Mai and Environs Restaurant Reviews
All the city's top hotels serve reasonably good food, but for the best Thai cuisine go to the restaurants in town. The greatest variety—from traditional Thai to French nouvelle cuisine—are to be found within the Old City, although Nimmanhemin Road, about 2 km (1 mile) northwest of downtown, is rapidly becoming a star-studded restaurant row. The best fish restaurants, many of them Chinese-run, are found at the Anusan Market, near the Night Bazaar. Chiang Mai also has northern Thailand's best European-cuisine restaurants, and some of its French, Italian, and Mediterranean fusion restaurants rival those of Bangkok.
Browse Chiang Mai and Environs Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's