- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Pochana 55 Review
You wouldn't expect much by looking at this nondescript restaurant from the outside, but there is a reason why locals have been packing this place night after night for years. The place started out as a late night khao tom rice soup eatery, and has expanded to having one of the most extensive and tastiest Thai-Chinese menus in town. Just about any dish is a winner, but you will notice that most diners order a plate of aw suan (oyster and egg souffle), tom yum soup, and one of the various sizzling beef or fish platters. If you are in town during the rainy season, try the dok krajon (literally translated as "little flower") salad made with local vegetables, pork, and spices.
- Address: 1087–1093 Sukhumvit Rd., corner of Sukhumvit Soi 55 Thong Lor, Bangkok, 10110
- Phone: 02/391 2021
- Location: Sukhumvit
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more