- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pochana 55 Review
You wouldn't expect much by looking at this nondescript restaurant from the outside, but there is a reason why locals have been packing this place night after night for years. The place started out as a late night khao tom rice soup eatery, and has expanded to having one of the most extensive and tastiest Thai-Chinese menus in town. Just about any dish is a winner, but you will notice that most diners order a plate of aw suan (oyster and egg souffle), tom yum soup, and one of the various sizzling beef or fish platters. If you are in town during the rainy season, try the dok krajon (literally translated as "little flower") salad made with local vegetables, pork, and spices.
- Address: 1087–1093 Sukhumvit Rd., corner of Sukhumvit Soi 55 Thong Lor, Bangkok, 10110
- Phone: 02/391 2021
- Location: Sukhumvit
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well we made to Heathrow after a VERY stressful morning.. ( local motorway closed, cat needed dropping at the cattery, builders arrived at 7am)
Anyway as I write I am at the Qatar lounge waiting for the Read more
My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. Read more
Planning to spend 3 weeks or so in Thailand and Laos and have so far booked fares to Bangkok only. Read more
· News & Features
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more