- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Fertility Shrine at Nai Lert Park
Fertility Shrine at Nai Lert Park Review
Hundreds of phalluses from small wooden carvings to big stone sculptures decorated with ribbons make this shrine quite unique. It honors Chao Mae Tuptim, a female fertility spirit. Women visit this shrine when they are trying to conceive, leaving offerings of lotus and jasmine, and if Bangkok gossip is worth anything, the shrine has a good success rate. To get there, go to the Nai Lert Park Hotel and walk to the end of the ground-level garage, where it's on your right. It's free and open 24 hours everyday, but best to visit before dusk.
- Address: Nai Lert Park Hotel, 2 Wittayu, Pratunam, Bangkok, 10330
- Metro Skytrain: Chitlom.
- Location: Pathumwan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are in Krabi now at Rayavadee and are spending our final night in Thailand in Patong, Phuket. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more