- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aw Taw Kaw Market
Aw Taw Kaw Market Review
Bangkok's best food bargains are found at this legendary spot in the Chatuchak Market. It's noisy, and you'll be inundated with sights and smells in the rows of food stalls; walk around and let your senses take over. The seafood, like raw crab, curried crab, or steamed whole fish with garlic and chili, is especially tasty. Items are dished out in plastic baggies; finding a seat and utensils can be a challenge. The trick is to buy something small at one of the few cafélike establishments that offer seats, plates, and cutlery—then open your bags and feast.
- Address: Phaholyothin Rd., Chatuchak, North Bangkok, Bangkok, 10900
- Subway: Chatuchak Park; Skytrain: Mo Chit.
- Location: Dusit and Northern Bangkok
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well we made to Heathrow after a VERY stressful morning.. ( local motorway closed, cat needed dropping at the cattery, builders arrived at 7am)
Anyway as I write I am at the Qatar lounge waiting for the Read more
My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. Read more
Where are the inexpensive silver shops- we used to shop at the ones located behind the Oriental Hotel but on our last trip there they all seem to be wholesale and the minimum purchase seemed as I recall Read more
· News & Features
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district. ... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more