- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Aw Taw Kaw Market
Aw Taw Kaw Market Review
Bangkok's best food bargains are found at this legendary spot in the Chatuchak Market. It's noisy, and you'll be inundated with sights and smells in the rows of food stalls; walk around and let your senses take over. The seafood, like raw crab, curried crab, or steamed whole fish with garlic and chili, is especially tasty. Items are dished out in plastic baggies; finding a seat and utensils can be a challenge. The trick is to buy something small at one of the few cafélike establishments that offer seats, plates, and cutlery—then open your bags and feast.
- Address: Phaholyothin Rd., Chatuchak, North Bangkok, Bangkok, 10900
- Subway: Chatuchak Park; Skytrain: Mo Chit.
- Location: Dusit and Northern Bangkok
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
I have an itinerary just would lke suggestions to whether its a good one really ! Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more