- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On a veranda facing the Chao Phraya River, this restaurant's setting practically guarantees a romantic evening. Be sure to reserve an outside table so you can enjoy the breeze. Although the food may not have as many chilies as some would like, the Thai standards are represented on the menu. Good among those are Phuket lobster dishes and curried river prawns. The set menus feature seven or eight Thai favorites and are worth the splurge of 1,200 baht (or more). The live traditional music makes everything taste even better.
- Address: Shangri-La Hotel, Charoen Krung (New Rd.), 89 Soi Wat Suan Plu Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/236–7777
- Metro Skytrain: Saphan Taksin.
- Location: Silom
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well we made to Heathrow after a VERY stressful morning.. ( local motorway closed, cat needed dropping at the cattery, builders arrived at 7am)
Anyway as I write I am at the Qatar lounge waiting for the Read more
My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. Read more
Planning to spend 3 weeks or so in Thailand and Laos and have so far booked fares to Bangkok only. Read more
· News & Features
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more