- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
The Mayflower Review
Regulars at this top Cantonese restaurant include members of the Thai royal family, heads of state, and business tycoons. These VIPs favor the six opulent private rooms (one-day advance notice required), but the main dining room is equally stylish, with carved wood screens, porcelain vases, and an air of refinement that complements the outstanding food. Delicious Peking duck skin is served without a shred of meat, with roti-like pancakes, plum sauce, and fresh onions. Dim sum options are also stellar, especially the fried taro and pork rolls and the green-tea steam rolls. The wine list is excellent, but pricey.
- Address: Dusit Thani Bangkok, 946 Rama IV Rd., Silom, Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/200–9000 Ext. 2799
- Subway: Silom; Skytrain: Sala Daeng.
- Location: Silom
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more