- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Mayflower Review
Regulars at this top Cantonese restaurant include members of the Thai royal family, heads of state, and business tycoons. These VIPs favor the six opulent private rooms (one-day advance notice required), but the main dining room is equally stylish, with carved wood screens, porcelain vases, and an air of refinement that complements the outstanding food. Delicious Peking duck skin is served without a shred of meat, with roti-like pancakes, plum sauce, and fresh onions. Dim sum options are also stellar, especially the fried taro and pork rolls and the green-tea steam rolls. The wine list is excellent, but pricey.
- Address: Dusit Thani Bangkok, 946 Rama IV Rd., Silom, Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/200-9000 Ext. 2799
- Subway: Silom; Skytrain: Sala Daeng.
- Location: Silom
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Bangkok: Save at the St. James in May Fr $78+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star The Tawana Bangkok Fr $57+/Nt Hotels.com
- 25% OFF Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square! 6 Nts + Air Fr $1,782 Travelocity
- Explore Asia with Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
So our next trip is seriously in the works! Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more