- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Le Normandie Review
Perched atop the Mandarin Oriental, this legendary restaurant commands an impressive view of the Chao Phraya. France's most highly esteemed chefs periodically take over the kitchen, often importing ingredients from the old country to use in their creations. Even when no superstar is on the scene, the food is remarkable. The pricey menu (it's hard to get away with spending less than B5,000 on a meal) often includes classic dishes like slow-cooked shoulder of lamb. The best bet is the prix fixe menu for 4,700 baht.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 48 Oriental Ave., Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500 | Map It
- Phone: 02/659–9000 Ext. 7670
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com
- Metro Skytrain: Saphan Taksin.
- Location: Silom
- Jacket required.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
I am going to book our flights to get us from country to country during our Southeast Asia trip in July and August today or very soon. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more