- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kaloang Seafood Review
An alley near the National Library leads to this off-the-beaten-track restaurant on the Chao Phraya. Kaloang might not look like much, with its plastic chairs and simple tables on a ramshackle pier, but it's a local favorite and worth the effort—and leap in imagination—for fantastic seafood. Breezes coming off the water keep things comfortably cool most evenings. The generous grilled seafood platter is a bargain, as is the plate of grilled giant river prawns. Try the yam pla duk foo, a grilled fish salad that's rather spicy and goes great with a cold beer. Also notable is the larb goong, spicy ground shrimp salad with banana blossoms.
- Address: 2 Sri Ayutthaya Rd., Dusit, Bangkok, 10300
- Phone: 02/281–9228; 02/282–7581
- Subway: Phahon Yothin.
- Location: Dusit and Northern Bangkok
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well we made to Heathrow after a VERY stressful morning.. ( local motorway closed, cat needed dropping at the cattery, builders arrived at 7am)
Anyway as I write I am at the Qatar lounge waiting for the Read more
My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. Read more
Planning to spend 3 weeks or so in Thailand and Laos and have so far booked fares to Bangkok only. Read more
· News & Features
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more