- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Ban Chiang Review
This old wooden house is an oasis in the concrete city; the decor is turn-of-the-20th-century Bangkok, with antique prints and old photographs adorning the walls. The place is popular with the farang set, and your food won't come spicy unless you request it that way. Try the salted prawns or deep-fried grouper with garlic and white pepper, or dried whitefish with mango dip. Finish with banana fritters accompanied by coconut ice cream.
- Address: Surasak Rd., 14 Soi Srivieng Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/236–7045; 02/266–6994
- Metro Skytrain: Surasak.
- Location: Silom
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
I have an itinerary just would lke suggestions to whether its a good one really ! Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more