- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ban Chiang Review
This old wooden house is an oasis in the concrete city; the decor is turn-of-the-20th-century Bangkok, with antique prints and old photographs adorning the walls. The place is popular with the farang set, and your food won't come spicy unless you request it that way. Try the salted prawns or deep-fried grouper with garlic and white pepper, or dried whitefish with mango dip. Finish with banana fritters accompanied by coconut ice cream.
- Address: Surasak Rd., 14 Soi Srivieng, Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/236-7045; 02/266-6994
- Metro Skytrain: Surasak.
- Location: Silom
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Bangkok Fr $52+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $6/night less
- 4-Star Novotel Bangkok Bangna Fr $80+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $9/night less
- Bangkok 3.5-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1458 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 17 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more