- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ban Chiang Review
This old wooden house is an oasis in the concrete city; the decor is turn-of-the-20th-century Bangkok, with antique prints and old photographs adorning the walls. The place is popular with the farang set, and your food won't come spicy unless you request it that way. Try the salted prawns or deep-fried grouper with garlic and white pepper, or dried whitefish with mango dip. Finish with banana fritters accompanied by coconut ice cream.
- Address: Surasak Rd., 14 Soi Srivieng Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/236–7045; 02/266–6994
- Metro Skytrain: Surasak.
- Location: Silom
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well we made to Heathrow after a VERY stressful morning.. ( local motorway closed, cat needed dropping at the cattery, builders arrived at 7am)
Anyway as I write I am at the Qatar lounge waiting for the Read more
My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. Read more
my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. Read more
· News & Features
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district.... Read more
Bangkok is set to overtake London as the most popular city destination for travelers in 2013.... Read more
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more