Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Mobile AppDownload Bangkok - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Housed in a century-old building across from Santichaiprakarn Park on the Chao Phraya, this little restaurant is where you'll find decent (though not innovative) Indian food in Bangkok. You'll be hard-pressed to find anything on the menu for more than B100. You can hear the roti (unleavened, whole-wheat flatbread) filled with your choice of vegetables, chicken, beef, fish, seafood, or just sweetened with thick condensed milk, sizzling near the door. Many curries, including Massaman—a Muslim curry that has a strong peanut flavor—are served at a steam table. Avoid the narrow downstairs dining area, which is unpleasantly hot and usually crowded; there's a more comfortable air-conditioned room upstairs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are a senior retired couple, ages 68 and 71. We have not traveled in Asia other than a tour to China in 2007. We left our home-west... Read more
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Guess I've really fallen hard for this exotic city. I've been so many ti... Read more