Fodor's Bangkok's 25 Best, 5th Edition
Mobile AppDownload Bangkok - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Supatra River House
Supatra River House Review
Its location on the Chao Phraya River—and across from the Grand Palace—makes this restaurant worth a visit. A free ferry from Maharaj Pier shuttles diners back and forth. In the former home of Khunying Supatra, founder of the city's express boat business, the restaurant has a small museum dedicated to the art she collected. The set menus (B750–B1,200) make for easy ordering; you could also try a la carte options like the steamed sea bass in soy or spicy lemon. There are Thai dancing shows Saturday nights at 7:30.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are a senior retired couple, ages 68 and 71. We have not traveled in Asia other than a tour to China in 2007. We left our home-west... Read more
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Guess I've really fallen hard for this exotic city. I've been so many ti... Read more