- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Bangkok
The Canals: They don't call it "Venice of the East" for nothing. Sure, boat tours are touristy, but the sights, from Khmer wats to bizarre riverside dwellings, are truly unique.
Street Food: Bangkok may have the best street food in the world. Don't be afraid to try the weird stuff—it's often fresher and better than the food you'd get at a hotel restaurant.
Shopping Bargains: Forget Hong Kong and Singapore: Bangkok has the same range of high-end designer goods at much lower prices.
Sky-High Sipping: "Bar with a view" is taken to the extreme when you sip martinis in open-air spaces that are 70 stories high.
Temple-Gazing: From the venerable Wat Po to the little wats that don't make it into the guidebooks, Bangkok's collection of temples is hard to top.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Cambodia Experience — $5,299 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore