- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Bangkok
The Canals: They don't call it "Venice of the East" for nothing. Sure, boat tours are touristy, but the sights, from Khmer wats to bizarre riverside dwellings, are truly unique.
Street Food: Bangkok may have the best street food in the world. Don't be afraid to try the weird stuff—it's often fresher and better than the food you'd get at a hotel restaurant.
Shopping Bargains: Forget Hong Kong and Singapore: Bangkok has the same range of high-end designer goods at much lower prices.
Sky-High Sipping: "Bar with a view" is taken to the extreme when you sip martinis in open-air spaces atop lofty towers.
Temple-Gazing: From the venerable Wat Po to the little wats that don't make it into the guidebooks, Bangkok's collection of temples is hard to top.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's