- The Canals They don't call it "Venice of the East" for nothing. Sure, boat tours are touristy, but the sights, from Khmer wats to bizarre riverside dwellings, are truly unique.
- Street Food Bangkok may have the best street food in the world. Don't be afraid to try the weird stuff—it's often fresher and better than the food you'd get at a hotel restaurant.
- Shopping Bargains Forget Hong Kong and Singapore Bangkok has the same range of high-end designer goods at much lower prices.
- Sky-High Sipping "Bar with a view" is taken to the extreme when you sip martinis in open-air spaces atop lofty towers.
- Temple-Gazing From the venerable Wat Po to the little wats that don't make it into the guidebooks, Bangkok's collection of temples is hard to top.
GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Take our short photo quiz to reveal your ideal trip in the U.S.More