- The Canals They don't call it "Venice of the East" for nothing. Sure, boat tours are touristy, but the sights, from Khmer wats to bizarre riverside dwellings, are truly unique.
- Street Food Bangkok may have the best street food in the world. Don't be afraid to try the weird stuff—it's often fresher and better than the food you'd get at a hotel restaurant.
- Shopping Bargains Forget Hong Kong and Singapore Bangkok has the same range of high-end designer goods at much lower prices.
- Sky-High Sipping "Bar with a view" is taken to the extreme when you sip martinis in open-air spaces atop lofty towers.
- Temple-Gazing From the venerable Wat Po to the little wats that don't make it into the guidebooks, Bangkok's collection of temples is hard to top.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More