Generally speaking, finding banks and ATMs isn't too hard, especially on main strips. That said, finding somewhere to exchange money can sometimes prove to be difficult. It's probably best if you exchange the money you want before leaving Bangkok. Also note that banks in Thailand have unpredictable hours. A lot of main banks close at 3 pm, so don't put your banking business off. Remember that the farther out from civilization you get, the fewer ATMs there will be. Don't expect to withdraw money outside a national park or in a tribal village.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 4-Star Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square Fr $69+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $28/night less
- Advance Purchase Special - non-refundable: Dream Bangkok in May Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Bangkok in Style! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $1483 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 21 Nt Cruise! Regent Seven Seas Cruises Fr $11,999 Expedia