- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The provincial town of Samut Songkram has little to recommend it, but it has many nearby attractions that make it an enjoyable day trip from Bangkok. There are terrific seafood restaurants along the waterfront at Don Hoi Lod; the area is also a good base for exploring some of the surrounding villages on the canal network, such as Ampawa, with its small floating market.
Samut Songkram at a Glance
Elsewhere in Around Bangkok
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's