- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lots of information on the region
- cheapest rooms are tiny, dark, and far from clean—spring for the pricier options
Burmese Inn Review
These homey bungalows, run by an Austrian and his Thai wife, sit on a flower-filled hillside above the lake. The rooms, some of which are directly over the water, are filled with pictures and knickknacks. The restaurant serves tasty Thai and Burmese fare.
- Address: 52/3 Moo 3, Tambon Nongloo, Sangklaburi, 71240
- Phone: 034/595146; 086/168-1801
- Location: Sangklaburi
- 19 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2299 -- 8-Nt. Borneo & Bangkok Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
For a little over a week, I've tried contacting the Thai Elephant Conservation Center at least 4 times, but have not heard back from them. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more