- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tiger Temple Review
Also known as Wat Pa Luanta Bua Yannasampanno, Tiger Temple is a forest monastery that houses several kinds of animals on its grounds, most notably tigers. Every day at 3, the 30 or so tigers are brought into a canyon for a photo op that lasts no more than a minute. The rest of the day you can see some of the tigers in their cages, as well as wild boars and water buffaloes.
Controversy surrounds the sight—some locals are concerned about safety (though no injuries have been reported), and many suspect that the tigers have been drugged to make them docile around visitors. Many tour operators claim they'd rather not promote the site, but can't afford to lose customers.
- Address: Km 21, Rte. 323, Kanchanaburi, 71000
- Phone: 083/777–8006
- Cost: B600
- Hours: Daily 9–4
- Location: Around Kanchanaburi Province
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in Thailand this year. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more