- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Khao Luang Cave
Khao Luang Cave Review
Studded with stalactites, the Khao Luang Cave is filled with Buddha images, including a 10-meter-long reclining Buddha. Most were put in place by kings Rama IV and Rama V. The cave is best appreciated on a clear morning, between 9 and 10, when the sun shines in and reflects off the brass Buddha images. For a donation of B20 or so (to pay for the electricity), the nun will light up the rear of the cave for you. The cave is accessed via a two-minute walk from the parking lot and some steep stairs. Watch out for the monkeys. A large monastery, Wat Tham Klaep, at the bottom of the hill below the cave, is open to the public.
- Address: Off Rot Fai Rd., 5 km (3 miles) north of Phra Nakhon Phetchaburi, 76000
- Phone: No phone
- Hours: Daily 9–4
- Location: Phetchaburi
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Not looking for medical advice, but would simply like to know whether or not you took anti-malarial drugs when you travelled in Thailand and regardless of whether or not you did, which regions did you travel Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more