- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pae Krung Kao
Pae Krung Kao Review
A plump, self-satisfied mynah bird in a cage greets visitors with a smattering of Thai and a song or two as they enter this utterly charming bar and restaurant on the banks of the Pa Sak River. The unusual reception is only one of several surprises—the low-ceilinged rooms are packed with every kind of collectible imaginable, from old bottles to timepieces. Half the restaurant sits on a pontoon floating on the water. The excellent food is uncompromisingly Thai, but you'll have to get a somewhat early start if you don't want to be rushed—the restaurant closes at 8.30 pm (when the mynah bird also turns in for the night).
- Address: 4 Moo 2, U-Thong Rd. Ayutthaya, 13000
- Phone: 035/241555
- Location: Ayutthaya
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Hello, Fodorites, here is my trip report. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more