- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pae Krung Kao
Pae Krung Kao Review
A plump, self-satisfied mynah bird in a cage greets visitors with a smattering of Thai and a song or two as they enter this utterly charming bar and restaurant on the banks of the Pa Sak River. The unusual reception is only one of several surprises—the low-ceilinged rooms are packed with every kind of collectible imaginable, from old bottles to timepieces. Half the restaurant sits on a pontoon floating on the water. The excellent food is uncompromisingly Thai, but you'll have to get a somewhat early start if you don't want to be rushed—the restaurant closes at 8.30 pm (when the mynah bird also turns in for the night).
- Address: 4 Moo 2, U-Thong Rd. Ayutthaya, 13000
- Phone: 035/241555
- Location: Ayutthaya
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
I have an itinerary just would lke suggestions to whether its a good one really ! Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more