- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pae Krung Kao
Pae Krung Kao Review
A plump, self-satisfied mynah bird in a cage greets visitors with a smattering of Thai and a song or two as they enter this utterly charming bar and restaurant on the banks of the Pa Sak River. The unusual reception is only one of several surprises—the low-ceilinged rooms are packed with every kind of collectible imaginable, from old bottles to timepieces. Half the restaurant sits on a pontoon floating on the water. The excellent food is uncompromisingly Thai, but you'll have to get a somewhat early start if you don't want to be rushed—the restaurant closes at 8.30 pm (when the mynah bird also turns in for the night).
- Address: 4 Moo 2, U-Thong Rd. Ayutthaya, 13000
- Phone: 035/241555
- Location: Ayutthaya
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in Thailand this year. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more