Around Bangkok Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Around Bangkok Restaurant Reviews
The areas around Bangkok allow you to sample both regional and non-Thai ethnic foods. Kanchanaburi and Sangklaburi have Mon, Karen, Bangladeshi, and Burmese communities serving their own specialties. A must-try is laphae to, a Burmese salad of nuts and fermented tea leaves. In Nakhon Pathom try the excellent rice-based dessert khao larm. Phetchaburi is famous for its desserts and for khao chae, chilled rice soaked in herb-infused water.
Browse Around Bangkok Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's