- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Reputed to be Thailand's oldest city (it's thought to date from 150 BC), Nakhon Pathom was once the center of the Dvaravati kingdom, a 6th- to 11th-century affiliation of Mon city-states. It marks the region's first center of Buddhist learning, established about a millennium ago. It's home to the Buddhist monument Phra Pathom Chedi.
Nakhon Pathom at a Glance
Elsewhere in Around Bangkok
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's