- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jungle treks of one to four days are possible all over the region. They typically include bamboo rafting, elephant riding, visits to Karen villages, sampling local food, and sometimes a cultural performance. Stick to tour companies with Tourism Authority of Thailand licenses, which will be prominently displayed on the premises.
Good Times Travel. A reputable tour agency with a good track record, Good Times Travel offers all the usual highlights, including national parks, rafting, caves, and Karen village stays. 63/1 River Kwai Rd., Kanchanaburi, 71000. 034/624441. www.good-times-travel.com.
RSP Jumbo Travel. You can book everything here from day trips to waterfalls to weeklong itineraries that include rafting, elephant riding, and off-road adventures. Some tours include stays at upmarket hotels, so you don't have to give up creatures comforts. 3/13 Chao Kun Nen Rd., Kanchanaburi, 71000. 034/514906. www.jumboriverkwai.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's