Jungle treks of one to four days are possible all over the region. They typically include bamboo rafting, elephant riding, visits to Karen villages, sampling local food, and sometimes a cultural performance. Stick to tour companies with Tourism Authority of Thailand licenses, which will be prominently displayed on the premises.
Good Times Travel has trips that take in all the usual highlights, including national parks, rafting, caves, Karen village stays, and the Tiger Temple. 63/1 River Kwai Rd., Kanchanaburi, 71000. 034/624441. www.good-times-travel.com.
RSP Jumbo Travel offers everything from day trips to weeklong itineraries that include rafting, elephant riding, and off-road adventures. Some tours are combined with stays at upmarket hotels for those who like more comfort with their adventure. 3/13 Chao Kun Nen Rd., Kanchanaburi, 71000. 034/514906. www.jumboriverkwai.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Explore Bangkok For Less! Book Fr $78+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $51/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Bangkok Fr $52+/Nt Expedia
- 21% OFF Anantara Bangkok Sathorn! 3 Nts + Air Fr $1,146 Travelocity
- Explore Asia with Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia