- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Chao Phraya Express Boat Company runs a Sunday excursion from Bangkok to Bang Pa-In Summer Palace. Launches depart at 8 am and arrive in time for lunch. On the return trip you stop at the Bang Sai Folk Arts and Craft Centre before arriving in Bangkok at 5:30 pm. The trip costs B550.
Manohra Cruises operates a three-day, two-night cruise to Ayutthaya and Bang Pa-In on its luxury vessel Manohra Song, a converted rice barge described as the "Orient Express of the River" because of the sheer luxury of its accommodation and facilities. Such opulence doesn't come cheap—the cruise costs B200,000. A cooking course on board adds B2,800 to the bill.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's