River King Cruise (02/673-0966 www.riverkingcruise.net/) runs day trips to Ayutthaya. You'll take the bus there early in the morning (they'll pick you up from most Bangkok hotels at around 6:30 am), stopping at Bang Pa-In Palace, and return to Bangkok by boat at 4 pm. The B1,700 ticket price includes lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Buddy Lodge Fr $51+/Nt Save with Expedia, $42/night less
- Super Low Bangkok Rate: Book Fr $77+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $14/night less
- Save at 5-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Bangkok Fr $1692 Expedia
- Explore Bangkok with Avalon Waterways, 17 Nts Fr $4,024 Expedia