- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ayutthaya and its environs encompass an important historical journey that traces Thailand's cultural developments from Buddhist art and architecture to modern government and language. Ayutthaya gets the most attention, drawing day-trippers from Bangkok, but a visit to Lopburi, with its Khmer temples and French-influenced Phra Narai Ratchaniwet, lends additional historical context to the museums and ransacked ruins found at Ayutthaya's historical park and the 18th-century Royal Palace in nearby Bang Pa-In.
Ayutthaya at a Glance
- Ayutthaya Historical Study Center
- Chao Sam Phraya National Museum
- Elephant Kraal
- Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopitr
Elsewhere in Around Bangkok
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's