- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Around Kanchanaburi Province
The third-largest province in Thailand, Kanchanaburi has scenic jungles, rivers, waterfalls, and mountains, especially near Sangklaburi, as you approach the Myanmar border. For centuries it was a favorite invasion route into Siam for the Burmese. Today it is home to Karen and Mon communities, whose villages can be visited.
Around Kanchanaburi Province at a Glance
Elsewhere in Around Bangkok
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's