Around Bangkok Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your Around Bangkok Vacation
Escaping the congestion and chaos of Bangkok is quite simple, and a must for anyone who wants a truly memorable Thailand experience. The surrounding provinces and cities make for a comfortably paced day trip, or an easy getaway for a few days. However you spend your time, you're sure to encounter amazing scenery, interesting culture, and unforgettable adventure.
An overnight stay is essential in Sangklaburi and highly recommended in Kanchanaburi and Petchaburi. Stay in Damnoen Saduak the night before you visit the...read more
The areas around Bangkok allow you to sample both regional and non-Thai ethnic foods. Kanchanaburi and Sangklaburi have Mon, Karen, Bangladeshi, and Burmese...read more
Things To Do in Around Bangkok
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now93° F Mostly Cloudy 59% Humidity April 23, 2014 at 11:30PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more