Tapiei is extremely safe by anyone's standards, and you are highly unlikely to become the victim of, or even witness, any crime. Violent crime is virtually unknown. However, as in many larger cities, watch out for pickpockets who operate in crowded downtown areas, and be alert when visiting markets. Many local police officers speak at least some English.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe