Tapiei is extremely safe by anyone's standards, and you are highly unlikely to become the victim of, or even witness, any crime. Violent crime is virtually unknown. However, as in many larger cities, watch out for pickpockets who operate in crowded downtown areas, and be alert when visiting markets. Many local police officers speak at least some English.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's