Shilin Night Market
Shilin Night Market Review
Eating out at a night market is a not-to-be-missed treat in many East Asian countries, and the Chinese food in Taipei's market is as good as you'll find anywhere. Shilin is the city's biggest and most popular market—the food court contains more than 500 separate stalls, so bring an appetite. Stalls begin opening at around 4 each afternoon and feed happy diners until midnight. Snacks are very cheap and start from a few cents each; even larger dishes only run to a few dollars. To decide what to eat, wander around and let your eyes and nose make the selection for you. To get here, head for Juiantan metro station on the Red line, then follow the intoxicating smells; it is also visible from the station.
- Address: Shilin District, Taipei
- Location: Taipei
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last Fall I read a notice that said that Emirates Airways was adding several new cities to it’s American service, among them Boston. Read more
Gottravel and I spent 18 days of our 6 week SEASia trip in Myanmar. Read more
I posted here earlier asking for your help, and at this time, our two weeks March trip is almost fully planned.
After multiple changes, as it worked out – we will have 3 full days in Hanoi and almos Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more