Shilin Night Market
Shilin Night Market Review
Eating out at a night market is a not-to-be-missed treat in many East Asian countries, and the Chinese food in Taipei's market is as good as you'll find anywhere. Shilin is the city's biggest and most popular market—the food court contains more than 500 separate stalls, so bring an appetite. Stalls begin opening at around 4 each afternoon and feed happy diners until midnight. Snacks are very cheap and start from a few cents each; even larger dishes only run to a few dollars. To decide what to eat, wander around and let your eyes and nose make the selection for you. To get here, head for Juiantan metro station on the Red line, then follow the intoxicating smells; it is also visible from the station.
- Address: Shilin District, Taipei
- Location: Taipei
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We recently returned from a nine day/10 night trip to Hong Kong and Macau to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and a (ahem) milestone birthday. Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
Going to Myanmar in December and a visit to Mt Popa is part of our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more