Shin Yeh Review
You can't come to Taipei without trying authentic Taiwanese food, which is a distinct variant of the more familiar Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese fare. Shin Yeh began as a small restaurant in a back alley with just a handful of tables in 1977, and in little more than 35 years it has grown into a chain of large restaurants with half a dozen branches across the city. This location isn't the original, but those in the know consider it the best of the bunch. The restaurant is dedicated to preserving the island's traditional cuisine, and signature dishes like braised pork belly and sweet potato porridge offer something deliciously different from the normal parade of sweet 'n' sour and wonton soups.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more