Yangmingshan National Park
Yangmingshan National Park Review
The diminutive island of Taiwan boasts no fewer than eight national parks, but if you want to get to grips with the nation's countryside, this is by far the most accessible, just 10 miles north of downtown Taipei. To get here on public transport, take bus 260, which leaves every 10 minutes from outside the main railway station. The 45-square-mile park is basically draped over a single mountain, the 3,400-foot Seven Star Mountain, and is criss-crossed by a dense array of walking trails. You can pick up a map from one of the several visitor centers. If you're not into hiking, you can get around on the park shuttle bus (No. 108), which operates a route around several scenic spots several times an hour from 7 am to 5:30 pm. You can ride all day for NT$60.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more