Maokong Gondola Review
One of the best ways to escape Taipei's urban sprawl is to take the metro south to Taipei Zoo, and step aboard the Maokong aerial gondola, which departs continuously on a 2.7-mile trip into the greenery of Maokong mountain. The station at the top offers panoramic views back down over the city, as well as plentiful chances to eat and drink tea—the latter is a particularly popular pastime among locals on weekends. For an added thrill (not recommended for vertigo sufferers), a number of the gondola cabins have been converted into special "Eyes of Maokong Gondola" Crystal Cabins—look out for the markings on the side. These have glass floors allowing you to peer vertically down at the treetops far below, creating the sensation of flying.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more