- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Eat by Streetlight. The best snacking in Taiwan is to be done at the night markets that can be found in every city.
Buy a Ticket to Ride. Drive a scooter around Taiwan's verdant coast and feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your face.
Experience a Different "China." Taiwan may be the Republic of China, but it's far more laid back than its giant sibling to the northwest.
Visit a Coral Island. On Lamay Island, Taiwan's largest coral island, coral is used, among other things, for building fences.
Appreciate Chinese Antiquities. The Kuomintang fled to Taiwan with quite the bundle of Chinese artifacts and antiques, all of which are now housed in the National Palace Museum.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 -- Beijing: 4-Star Hotel Downtown into Summer, 25% Off Mercure Beijing Downtown
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- A World Apart IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan