Top Reasons to Go
Eat by Streetlight. The best snacking in Taiwan is to be done at the night markets that can be found in every city.
Buy a Ticket to Ride. Drive a scooter around Taiwan's verdant coast and feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your face.
Experience a Different "China." Taiwan may be the Republic of China, but it's far more laid back than its giant sibling to the northwest.
Visit a Coral Island. On Lamay Island, Taiwan's largest coral island, coral is used, among other things, for building fences.
Appreciate Chinese Antiquities. The Kuomintang fled to Taiwan with quite the bundle of Chinese artifacts and antiques, all of which are now housed in the National Palace Museum.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe