Top Reasons to Go
Eat by Streetlight: The best snacking in Taiwan is to be done at the night markets that can be found in every city.
Buy a Ticket to Ride: Drive a scooter around Taiwan's verdant coast and feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your face.
Experience a Different "China.": Taiwan may be the Republic of China, but it's far more laid back than its giant sibling to the northwest.
Visit a Coral Island: On Lamay Island, Taiwan's largest coral island, coral is used, among other things, for building fences.
Appreciate Chinese Antiquities.: The Kuomintang fled to Taiwan with quite the bundle of Chinese artifacts and antiques, all of which are now housed in the National Palace Museum.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's