Taiwan Travel Guide
Also known as the Republic of China, this small island nation off the eastern coast of China is one of Asia's economic powerhouses. It's also a cultural Mecca for anyone interested in ancient Chinese art and artifacts—the National Museum in Taipei holds a huge collection that spans 8,000 years of Chinese history. These treasures were evacuated from mainland China when the communists took over and Chiang Kai-shek moved his government to Taipei. Outside of the hustle and bustle of Taiwan's high-tech capital city, enjoy mountain resorts, tropical beaches, and lush national forests.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Taiwan restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Taiwan
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Eat by Streetlight. The best snacking in Taiwan is to be done at the night markets that can be found in every city.... Read more
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity.... Read more
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We recently returned from a nine day/10 night trip to Hong Kong and Macau to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and a (ahem) milestone birthday. Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more