Gallery Café Review
One of Sri Lanka's very best restaurants, this open-air courtyard eatery occupies a historic building that was once the office of the nation's most famous architect, Geoffrey Bawa, and is now an art gallery. The decor is truly stunning, and the food—Asian fusion, blending Sri Lankan and European influences—more than matches it. All of the cooking uses fresh local ingredients in an inventive, flavorsome way. One signature dish is black pork curry, and the restaurant is also renowned for its great desserts. Located in a high-class area full of foreign embassies, the restaurant doesn't have a formal dress code, but T-shirts and shorts are a definite no-no.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more