One of no less than 13 eateries in the central Cinnamon Grand Hotel, this place serves up possibly the best South Indian cuisine in the country. Overlooking the hotel pool, the restaurant's modern minimalist dark-shaded decor and shiny polished wood floors lend it a chic atmosphere. The menu spans 20 pages and offers dozens of vegetarian and meaty regional specialties from each of four South Indian states: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu. The kitchen adds a sophisticated twist to such classics as thali and masala dosai. Service can be a little slow, but the food is consistently worth the wait.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Today: Riviera Maya All-Incl. Resort, 55% Off Bookit.com
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- $2699 -- Australia & Asia: 2-Week Cruises w/Air, Save $1000 CruCon Cruise Outlet
- India's Rajasthan IExplore
I'm hoping my blog may be useful for anyone planning the Annapurna Circuit. Read more
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
I am taking a trip over Christmas and will be visiting both Beijing and Hong Kong. I want to do some shopping while I am there, and am not sure where to go.
I am looking to purchase good quality, Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha ... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more