Talangama Wetland Review
Talamgama offers an escape from Colombo just a short drive east from downtown—though to get here you'll need your own car or a taxi ride. This area of wetland around the small Talangama Lake is a haven for nature lovers and a great place for a walk. Around 100 bird species have been sighted here, reptiles abound, and monkeys are often seen, too. It's also home to countless species of butterflies and dragonflies. But most of all, this is a welcome oasis of green calm away from the urban sprawl—a place to forget city life, if only for a few hours. The best times to see wildlife are early morning and late afternoon, when the midday sun is less strong.
- Address: Lake Road, Colombo
- Location: Colombo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more