Seafood Cove Review
There can't be many bustling capital cities where you can eat while curling your toes in the sand, with the waves of the balmy tropical Indian Ocean breaking just a few feet away. By taking a short taxi ride south from downtown Colombo, you can do just that at the Mount Lavinia Hotel's beach restaurant. Dine beneath the palm trees by candlelight as a gentle sea breeze cools you. Choose from a range of fresh seafood caught that same day in that same ocean, and cooked to your liking in any style. For the perfect mix of ambience and flavors, have your quarry cooked "Sri Lankan," with plenty of local spices and curry.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more