Seafood Cove Review
There can't be many bustling capital cities where you can eat while curling your toes in the sand, with the waves of the balmy tropical Indian Ocean breaking just a few feet away. By taking a short taxi ride south from downtown Colombo, you can do just that at the Mount Lavinia Hotel's beach restaurant. Dine beneath the palm trees by candlelight as a gentle sea breeze cools you. Choose from a range of fresh seafood caught that same day in that same ocean, and cooked to your liking in any style. For the perfect mix of ambience and flavors, have your quarry cooked "Sri Lankan," with plenty of local spices and curry.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Gottravel and I spent 18 days of our 6 week SEASia trip in Myanmar. Read more
Just finished my travelogue on my December trip to Myanmar. Read more
Hi, I'm totally new to Fodor, so please be kind!
I've just booked flights to Japan and am trying to get my head round coming up with an itinery, which is proving harder than with any other trips I've done Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more