Garden Guest House
At a Glance
- personal service
- intimate and friendly
- good value
- away from the sights
Garden Guest House Review
Very often in Sri Lanka, the best values and most personal experiences are found in family-run B&Bs, and the Garden Guest House is a wonderful example. There's a small garden, and even an indoor fountain. The three guest rooms are pink and flowery, clearly furnished with a woman's touch, but also very homey. The owner and his mother will help you in every way possible, right down to picking you up personally at the airport. As is the case with many Sri Lankan B&Bs, you can also choose to have all, some, or none of your meals in-house, family-style. You can choose from Western or local cuisine, and it will be cooked to order for you from the freshest ingredients. If you don't fancy that, there's also a private kitchen for guests to use.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Some of my favorite shots I have collected over the years.
I hope you enjoy.
Mabuhay! Read more
I recently had the pleasure of stumbling upon an entirely abandoned village in beautiful Kazakhstan. Read more
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more