5th Lane House
At a Glance
- friendly and intimate
- convenient for sights
- no elevator (or disabled access)
Check Rates from our Partners
5th Lane House Review
This lovely old restored house in a quiet area close to the Canadian High Commission is a home away from home in downtown Colombo. Most of the sights and restaurants are a short walk away. The low number of rooms in this B&B ensures exclusivity. Each of the four units is individually furnished in elegant and bright shades, with modern fittings and polished wooden floors. Rooms have both a/c and overhead fans. You can take your breakfast in the small garden. Staff are very helpful and can help arrange everything from tours to airport transfers. Complimentary afternoon tea is served daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last Fall I read a notice that said that Emirates Airways was adding several new cities to it’s American service, among them Boston. Read more
Gottravel and I spent 18 days of our 6 week SEASia trip in Myanmar. Read more
I posted here earlier asking for your help, and at this time, our two weeks March trip is almost fully planned.
After multiple changes, as it worked out – we will have 3 full days in Hanoi and almos Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more